Why is it that ‘decorating’ is actually mainly de-decorating? It takes soooo long to tear down the wallpaper, clean the walls, wash the ceiling, strip paint off the radiator, and navigate all the mess you’re creating in the rest of the house because you’re doing nothing else! Here’s our dining room in it’s current stage:
Yesterday afternoon we baked banana bread, though a lot of the ingredients ended up on the floor or in my daughter’s belly! She’s getting good at helping though, she squished the butter, broke the eggs, cut (with a blunt knife) the bananas & then mashed them, and mixed it all up. Now I’ve just got to train her to do the washing up and to clean the floor afterwards too!
Yay, I’ve finally got a slideshow of my layouts sorted, you can see it on the right hand side of my blog. Okay, I admit at the moment it only has 6 layouts in it, but at least it’s started! I can tick off one plan. My only goal this week is to peel all the wallpaper off my dining room wall – we’re decorating next week! Here’s a ‘before’ photo of the room, I’ll show you the ‘after pic when it’s done!
I was really chuffed this week to have been tagged on two people’s blogs. The fabulous Meghann asked me to join in a little Q&A session, and then I was suprised to find out the brilliant Laura had also asked me to take part! Both ladies have great blogs on scrapbooking, fabulous bargains they’ve bought, and various other entertaining subjects, so if you haven’t seen their blogs before, go take a look!
Here’s my answers to Meghann’s questions:
1. If you could own any car, regardless of cost, what would it be?
I can’t drive yet, but I know my dream car would be bright yellow!
2. If you could spend an hour with any person in the world, living or dead, who would you spend it with?
C.S. Lewis. The Chronicles of Narnia have been my favourite books since I was about 7. They are one of the reasons I love to read, and they inspired me to write my own fantasy story. I’d love to chat to him about the stories, and about his friendship with J.R.R. Tolkien.
3. What color is your living room?
Cream and Red.
4. What vacations/trips do you have planned for the summer?
We’re hoping to go camping in South Wales- near Tenby, and then to stay in a hotel near Swansea for a couple of nights.
5. What is your favorite flower?
6. Chocolate or vanilla?
7. What person do you think knows you best in the world?
My husband Alex, closely followed by my best friend Rosie.
8. Do you have a laid-back or keyed-up personality?
That’s a hard one, I’d like to say laid back but I think I’m pretty keyed up these days. I suppose it depends on the situation.
9. What goal do you want to accomplish this year?
To learn to drive.
10. What is the best photo you’ve ever taken? If you can, share it!
This was a hard one! I have so many photos that I love, mostly because of the people or places in them. I’m going for this one though, as I think it captures my daughter’s spirit really well:
Here’s my answers to Laura’s questions:
1. If you could only every eat crisps or chocolate ever again, which would you pick?
Crisps. In fact this question has prompted me to eat some right now – cheddar and onion McCoys (my favourite!)
2. What are you most proud of?
3. Do you have any weird phobias?
I’m scared off moths, is that wierd? Probably. I don’t like it when they fly, especially when they fly at me!
4. Which teacher inspired you most at school?
I don’t have one that I can single out. I had quite a few that I remember for various reasons, but not one that particularly influenced me.
5. Which Friends character are you most like?
I would say Phoebe, my husband says I’m more like Monica! I guess I do like things tidy, and I love to cook, so that’s fair enough.
6. If you could be a super hero, what would your powers be?
I’d be able to fly.
7. Do you like your handwriting?
Yes. Especially when I write with a cartridge pen with blue ink.
8. What has been the best Christmas present you ever recieved?
A Commodore Amiga 500. It was a joint present with my brother when I was about eleven, we had hours of fun playing Lemmings and Captain Planet! I knew it was hard for my mum and dad to save up for it, and we really appreciated it.
9. Would you rather be too hot or too cold?
Too cold. It gives you an excuse to snuggle.
10. Are you still watching Lost? And if so… do you have a clue what is going on????
I gave up around series 3. I might watch them all when it’s completely finished!
Hope you found that interesting! Now, as I understand it, I need to set some questions and tag a few people to answer them. My questions are:
1. Do you blog on a laptop or desktop?
2. If someone offered to buy you a plane ticket to visit a country you’ve never been to before, where would you go? (I’m not offering though – sorry!)
3. What do you most like to cook from scratch?
4. Which animated movie is your favourite?
5. What craft project / scrapbook layout etc are you most proud of? (Share a photo if possible!)
6. Do you still have a teddy bear / soft toy that you love? If so what’s it’s name?
7. What’s your favourite online store? (Does not need to be craft related but can be!)
8. What’s your earliest memory?
9. Picnic or posh restaurant – which would you choose right now?
10. What have you done recently to make someone else feel happy? (Can be as simple as listening when they wanted to talk).
Here’s the people I’m inviting to play along. They all have great blogs which I love to read, so make sure you check them out!
Now I’m going to make someone else feel happy, by playing with my daughter instead of blogging! x
I’ve been organising photos on my desktop, and I found a folder with some childhood pics that my mum emailed to me a couple of years ago. It was in this folder that I discovered the picture of my sister looking just like my daughter does now (blogged about here), but that photo didn’t make me recall any particular place or time. These ones did:
The weather is annoying me. It keeps being clear and sunny when I’m getting up, making me excited as I pull on my summery clothes and plan what we can do outdoors for the day, only to cloud over and look threatening and miserable by the time we’ve finished breakfast! This has prompted me to make a couple of bright cards, to send to people in the hope it will cheer them up on a grey day.
The first is a card to just say ‘hey’; a how-are-you-doing, I’m-wishing-you-lived-nearer kind of a card. I wanted a nice, simple design for this one (my cards can get way too fussy sometimes), so I got my inspiration from a sketch at Twisted Sketches, you can see their post and the DT’s cards here. Here’s the sketch and my take on it:
The second card is one uses inspiration from a few places. The first was from a lady named Alison, I found her blog Lime Green Life via the Copy & Paste blog last weekend. I saw this fabulous robot she’d appliqued (see her post here):
Finally, the quote ‘we are all individuals’ is one of my fave bits from the film ‘Life of Brian’ (clip here), and I have it on a postcard on my craft room wall so it jumped to mind when finishing off the card!
I’m not sure who I’m going to send these to yet, but hopefully when I’ve decided they’ll make the recipients smile!
When sorting though some photos on my desktop I came across this picture of my sister, from approx 16 years ago:
Yay! I’m joining the Journaling Junkie team for my first design team spot. I’ll be with them for 3 months, starting … now! I’m super excited about it, I’ve been following the blog for a while now and I love the challenges – they make sure you’re putting your thoughts and feelings into your layouts. I think it’s really imporatant to make sure we include journaling in our albums because we might not always be around to explain the story behind the photo. So take up the challenge yourself – check out their prompts and get some chunks of writing on your pages!
You can see my intro to the team, and my first layout for them, here. I’ll give you a peek of the LO but you’ll have to hop over to them to see the full page!