This recipe is not fancy or complicated, it’s just good family fare. We love it in the winter to fill us all up!
- Three Big Jacket Potatoes
- 4 slices of Bacon
- Half a tin of Baked Beans
- 70g of tinned Sweetcorn
- Approx 50g Cheddar Cheese
- Put potatoes in oven at 200 degrees C. Give them an hour and a quarter at least to cook—the skins must be crispy.
- When there’s 15 mins left until they’re ready, fry the bacon until crispy, then chop into small bits.
- When the potatoes are done, cut them in half and scoop out the insides into the bowl (don’t damage the skins).
- Mix the potato in a bowl with the baked beans, bacon (keep a few bits), a knob of butter, the sweetcorn and grated cheese. Put this mixture back into skins.
- Grate a little more cheese on top then put back into the oven or under a low grill for ten minutes.
- Then serve with the few bits of bacon on top, maybe with a side salad if you’re feeling virtuous!
- Write out, or blog about your favourite winter meal
- Cook something easy and filling for your next meal, so you’ve got more time for crafting
- Choose a photo and upload it to PicMonkey to edit and put text on top (or use your usual photo editing software)
P.S. Don’t forget you can pop by and say Hi in the Chat Room! x