- SJ Crafts is holding 2 giveaways right now – one to win a collection kit of your choice from the shop, and another to win a pack of mystery papers – you can find both the giveaways here – but hurry – they close at 10pm on Friday 12th of October so there’s not long left!
- Sorry I’m a bit behind on a couple of blog posts – Both my September in Numbers post, and my Scrapbooking Soiree post, are overdue, but they’ll be here as soon as possible I promise!
- Daring Cardmakers Colour Challenge – I love the mix of grey, blue, and coral – Deadline Thursday 13th September
- Two Peas In A Bucket Card Sketch Challenge with Kimber – I have a lot of cards to make this month, so I figure it might be possible to join in a couple of card challenges, and I like the big butterfly on this – Deadline Friday 14th September
- Pink Paislee Social Media Challenge – oh, how I’d love to win the entire Portfolio collection, and I only need to create a project using Instagram pics and Pink Paislee products to be in with a chance… – Deadline end of this week
- SJ Crafts 6×6″ Challenge – Lisa-Jane created a great series on 6×6″ paper pads, so I’d love to join in with some of the great 6×6 pads I own – Deadline Sunday 16th
- Big Idea Festival at Big Picture Classes – Lots of different challenges, including scrapbooking your goals, and using big photos on layouts, there’s great prizes for the winners – Deadline Monday 17th
- Crate Colour Challenge – Gorgeous rich, autumnal colours this month – Deadline Monday 24th September
- My Mind’s Eye Project Challenge at Two Peas – I’d love to get my hands on some of the new My Mind’s Eye products and enter this to win even more! – Deadline 30th September
- Scrapbook & Cards Magazine Winter Call – I’ve been thinking a lot about winter projects, planning for my Frosty Festivities weekend here on the blog, and I’d love to get my work in more magazines – Deadline Wednesday 3rd October
- Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog – It’s been a while since I made a counterfeit kit, and I like the embellies and colours this month – Deadline Thursday 4th October
- Mastering Manual Mode Workshop at Big Picture Classes – This is a workshop I’d like to take rather than a challenge or submission. I own a DSLR but I hardly use it. I’ve tried looking at all kinds of hints and tips from other bloggers, but I think I need the structure of a class to push me harder! Elisha Snow is an amazing photographer too, so I wouldn’t mind some of that rubbing off on me! I’ve just got to see if I can gather the funds – Deadline to enroll October 31st or when student limit is reached.
- Pink Paislee – they’ve already shown 2 of the new releases ‘City Sidewalks‘ and ‘Portfolio‘ and I want them both! You can leave comments on the reveal posts to be in with a chance to win the collection!
- My Mind’s Eye – They also have chances to win the collections just by commenting – and I really, really want the ‘All is Bright‘ collection, it has red & aqua, chevrons, and lattice patterns. LOVE!
- Crate Paper – The reveals haven’t started yet, but just they released the details of the new design team, and paper collection reveals should be up soon!
- I’m going to add one more manufacturer – American Crafts, as I wanted both the Amy Tangerine and the Dear Lizzy collections from CHA winter, and I’m already in love with the new ‘Ready, Set, Go!‘ collection by Amy Tan – there are WOODGRAIN ALBUMS! Lush!
- If you want to see links to all the different reveals, then head over to Scrapbook Update, where there’s a long list to take you where you want to go! On their home page there will be more news and info as it becomes available too.
- For a more visual round-up, check out Paper Crafter’s Corner, which has posts for different releases, with a photo of the collection, to tempt you to see more!
- The next one may be obvious to some of you, but here it is in case you don’t know – Shimelle is going to CHA this summer, and she always posts great photos of the booths, alongside some industry info and her favourite items from the releases. So starting on the 16th of July I’ll be watching her blog very closely!
- Melissa Stinson, AKA The Scrappy Jedi, also usually goes to CHA and posts booth photos. She’s already starting to show releases on her blog too.
- Scraptime is somewhere to go if you’d like to see videos of the booths, there were some great ones at the winter show, so I’ll be watching to see what appears this time around!
- Finally, Two Peas In A Bucket always has a good atmosphere around reveal time. The ‘General Scrapping’ message board already has discussions on the new releases, and hopefully when the show actually begins they’ll be even more going on – in winter there were challenges and chats! (EDITED TO ADD – there will be, see the announcement here!)
I’m joining in again with Shimelle’s regular ritual to write about ten things, any ten things, on the tenth of the month. To join in, or to read 10 things from many more blogs, see Shimelle’s post for today here.
This month I’m going to show you some of the vintage books that I’ve been hoarding. For a while I’ve been jealous of Julie Kirk‘s ability to cut up vintage books, and put the pieces together on her projects, or in her fantastic Plundered Pages packs. I’ve mentioned to her that she needs to run a course on how to be brave enough to cut up these books, because I have an ever-growing collection of ones that I’ve bought for projects.
Despite forcing myself to cut up a Ladybird book for my Learn Something New Everyday Album last year, and cutting up text for backgrounds and flowers for some Hen Party Gift Bag items, I still haven’t managed to get a pair of scissors anywhere near the rest of my vintage books.
Here are my favourites:
1: Book Of Ryhmes Number 3:
I don’t have any particular ideas for this image, except that I wish I could step into it and share their tea!
3: Sacred Songs & Solos:
Strangely, when I opened this to photograph the inside, it fell open on ‘Amazing Grace’ which we sung at my Granny’s funeral in February. It made me think that somewhere she was smiling at me, possibly laughing at me for photographing a pile of old books 🙂
4: Famous Fairy Tales:
Which I’d love to frame for my daughter’s bedroom.
5: Time, Calendars and Clocks: